After 3 incredible seasons of the Red Man Laughing Podcast we’ve decided it’s time to give back a little. The show has garnered strong support from Indian Country & the mainstream alike over the last 3 seasons but we’re looking to grow the show - so we’re giving it away for FREE.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING
If you’ve never heard of the show and want to find out what the fuss is all about - hit the ARCHIVES.
The Red Man Laughing Podcast has enjoyed 3 seasons of comedy, music & interviews and we’d like to offer our collection of close to 70 hours of programming to you to use for your local radio stations.
Whether you’re a campus radio station or a rez/community radio station - I’d like to work together with you to bring the show to your listeners!
HOW THIS WILL WORK
- Email me. Let me know where you are & what you’re doing currently on your community radio.
- Tell me your plans for airing the Red Man Laughing Podcast.
- We’ll talk about the license & the agreement to make sure everyone is clear on the do’s and don’ts of the Creative Commons License.
- We’ll agree the Creative Commons License covers everything we need to talk about. No need for lawyers. No need for paperwork. This is a handshake deal made in good faith.
- We’ll work together to create show ID’s, intro’s etc. Each episode of the podcast you air MUST have a show pre-roll, mid-roll and an outro plugging the show websites.
- I’ll send you the dropbox link with each of the first 3 seasons of the podcast for you to download.
- Remix. Cut. Transform.
- Start airing the podcast on your station.
- We’ll add you to our PARTNERS page and aim to cross promote the air dates, etc. for your station.
- You will ensure all advertising, promotion & marketing of the show is down in house, by your station, for the show, and, hopefully, you’ll give the show a little love on your own website/social media.
PLEASE NOTE: You will NOT be permitted to air the current season of the podcast (Season 4) as the exclusive air rights to the current season of the podcast belong to redmanlaughing.com.
THE LICENSE & AGREEMENT
Essentially, you are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material.
The licensor (Ryan McMahon Comedy & Red Man Laughing) cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
If you choose to air the podcast, you must:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions — You (the licensee) may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
The Red Man Laughing Podcast by Ryan McMahon Comedy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://redmanlaughing.com.
LET’S TALK - SEND ME AN EMAIL TO GET THE RED MAN LAUGHING PODCAST ON THE AIR
In this episode of the Red Man Laughing Podcast we sit down for a full length featured chat with the members of A Tribe Called Red. A Tribe Called Red is an award winning, Indigenous DJ collective that has taken the world by storm with their unique blend of both contemporary & traditional Indigenous musical stylings. They’ve been shortlisted for the prestigious Polaris Prize, they are multiple Aboriginal Peoples Choice Music Award Winners and most recently won the 2014 Juno Award for Breakthrough Group of the Year.
"We’re here to shake things up. We have a responsibility. We’re here to represent." — Bear Witness
We cover a lot of conversation - we get a chance to hear from the full group (Bhudda Blaze, James Jones, 2oolman, Bear Witness & DJ NDN) to get a sense of what life is like now that they’re touring the world and carrying the hearts of so many with them. We get a chance to talk about some of their crazy tour scheduling, how racist and crazy France is, their experience meeting other Indigenous Peoples from around the world and we go in depth about the headdress/mascot issue at large festivals and what they’re doing to face the ugliness of racism head on.
"We’re smashing stereotypes and people don’t know what to do with that? They don’t know how to act or react when we call them on their bullshit." — DJ NDN
A Tribe Called Red Website
A Tribe Called Red Soundcloud
Red Man Laughing - A Tribe Called Red Interview (Season 1)
MUSICAL TRACK LISTING
- Indians From All Directions - Das Racist & ATCR
- A Tribe Called Red - Angel Haze
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE SHOW